9.23.2012

Uncorked

It's been a ridiculously long time since I've posted on my blog!
Today, I found my mojo and I got inky!!
Hoooooray :)

I really like the sketch that retro sketches has up this week so I thought I'd give it a go.
I played with some odds and ends I've had in my stash for a while and came up with this. 


and this is the sketch...

I had these cork sheets just laying around and I thought it was time to use one.  It made a nice background and added a cool texture to the card base.  I also used a piece of a wine bottle cork as the foundation for the pushpin flag pole.  The little JillyBean Soup sticker banners are just so cute and I thought the 2 together made a really fun focal point.

It feels so good to knock the cobwebs off my poor little blog :)
I'll be back with more for you later this week...promise :)


10 comments:

Piali said...

Awesome card, Michele!! I love it!

Lynn said...

Love, love, love what you created Michele!

~amy~ said...

HA...I love it:)

Kim S said...

Perfect use of the sketch to showcase those FUN sentiments!

Barb said...

sooo cute! i love this :)

Karen B. said...

I can totally picture you saying that. Cool card.

Sweet Fairy said...

What a cute card. So beautiful design. I have chance to work for a company as Plastic id cards online designing, and this card design inspire me so much. I appreciate this. Thanks for sharing.

Ruza Rebel said...

Super FUN card! ;o)

Christina said...

I love this sooo much, Michele! Awesome sentiment banners and what a cool way to use the chevron paper at an angle. So fab!

Julie Hoffman said...

Love this card! Love the cork board paper. I literally laughed out loud at the sentiment.