6.19.2012

i {heart} mini chipboard books??

I hope you're ready for some fun because today I am joining the i {heart} papers team on their chipboard album blog hop!  

i {heart} mini chipboard books??
I say it as a question because honestly I was a tad worried about giving this little challenge a go.  I am a cardmaker...I don't really do albums, or books, or really anything that I can't fold in half! LOL!   However, the fabulous ladies at i {heart} papers planned to get their chipboard on, and being that I am guest designer with them this month, I decided to just close my eyes and go for it.
Let me tell you, making a chipboard book was NOT scary. In fact, it was actually really FUN!!!

Armed with the Echo Park A Boy's Life 12 x 12 kit (oh my goodness there are soooo many fun goodies inside it!)  and the A Boys Life 6 x 6 paper pad, I sat down and began to create with my 4x8 Journal Kit Honeycomb album.
I have to say...
i {heart} mini chipboard books!!




I love these papers!! All the elements and stickers were included in the 12 x 12 kit  I really had a great time playing with them and choosing the pattern paper. 
The 6 x 6 pad offers a smaller version of the same patterns.  I used the small version on the front and the 12x12 version on the back.  I love how they coordinate perfectly but aren't exactly the same, and I think they compliment the honeycomb texture on the chipboard.  I wanted the papers to really stick to the chipboard so I used the i{stick} papers red line tape.  Trust me, those papers aren't going anywhere now!  I also used it to apply the 3/4" Turquoise Blue Twill Stripes ribbon.  Instead of tying a bow, I tied a knot to keep with the boyish theme.

The grid paper that comes with the chipboard album kit is really cute. S just for fun and giggles, I stamped on a few of the pages inside using Market Street Stamps Simple Joys with Tangelo and Bahama Blue Memento inks


I just love i{heart} papers!  
Besides the fact that Kate is just the sweetest person, she also has a really wonderful assortment of product and fast shipping too!
If you love papercrafting and social media then check this out...
i{heart}papers is looking for a Social Media Coordinator!  

Are you ready to see more amazing ideas for this fantastic little album?
Here are the links to all the i {heart} papers designers.
Please give them all a visit but I warn you...you will want to get this little album for yourself after you've seen them all!  


The i {heart} papers team:

14 comments:

Cristeen said...

fantastic post thanks for sharing
web agency brussels

Susan Martin said...

Well.. Your little album turned out GORGEOUS!!! Love the oranges and blues together. I'm really loving oranges right now. I don't know what it is! Thanks for sharing! I love it!!

Susan
http://scrapathousandwords.blogspot.com

Deb said...

So CUTE! I love the little banners and the way you let the label overhang the edge!

Pam Wendt said...

Well Miss I-Only-Do-Cards, your creative talent apparently stretches quite beautifully into the realm of That Which Is Not Folded! :o)

Your mini chipboard book is adorable!
(Love that little knot on the cover - it's perfect!)

And yes, you've totally sold me on looking into checking out their kits! These are so cute! :o)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Outstanding job with this adorable journal book, Michele. Love your design on the front with your off-the-edge layer. Such fun summertime colors too! WOW!

i {heart} papers said...

It is fantastic! I love how you turned it sideways (maybe that was your way of folding it in half! HAHA!)

So cute! Thanks for playing along this month! So happy to have you!

Carolyn Mustopa said...

What an awesome job! I love how bright and cheerful it is! So glad you're playing along with us this month.

Lisa said...

Such a fun project Michele! Love the colors you've used and your knotted ribbon!

Deb said...

Wow, Michele! This is super fabulous! You did a fantastic job with your mini chipboard album! Love it!!

Sara Grafton said...

So cute! You did a fabulous job! I love the fun colors and patterns.

Judy Rozema said...

Just fabulous! I love the patterns and the offset label on the front!

Lori said...

This is fantastic! Love the mix of stamps, papers, and accents. So glad you joined us for the challenge this month!

Ruza Rebel said...

You did a great job on the book! Love the fun colors! ;o)

Gretchen said...

What a fun little book! I love the sentiment on the cover!! Just perfect!